Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 42 3.2 continues

A short bit today. Just got my wife back from a week-long business trip. I think this is much more on track than yesterday's--same pick up point.


3.2 continues

Celeste (entering): Neither exists. There's compassionate logic or complacency and stupidity. And sadly I think our Steve is opting for the latter. He insists on sitting in jail till he sees the judge—perhaps tomorrow. I don't know if he thinks he is paying his dues, atoning for his sins, or proving his manhood, but it is stupid. Pah!

Marie: Oooh, what is he thinking to spend the night in jail.

Matt: Well at least you have a good replacement in Marie. Hey, that's right she was replacing you as well. She makes a mean Margarita.

Anne: Oh for god's sakes Matt.

Celeste (eyeing Marie): Vraiment? C'ést bon.

Marie: I don't want to take Steve's job.

Celeste: I somehow think he may not be coming back. But, that we can wait to see.

Marie: And now that you're back, I need to get Gil, can you call a taxi?

Anne: We can give you a lift Marie.

Matt: Uh . . .

Anne: I'll give you a lift, Matt's started to make a night of it.

Marie (hesitates): Well . . . I don't want to impose.

Celeste (an actual phone in hand): Well?

Anne: Please, I'd like to.

Marie: Ok, sure, thank you. (Celeste hangs up the phone)

Anne (kissing Matt on the head): See you soon love. Ready?

Marie: Ok? Thank you Monsieur.Thanks Celeste.

Matt: Hurry back I'm ready for another.

Celeste: Tell Gil he's a lucky man. In lots of ways. (Marie smiles, looks to Monsieur whose head is again on his arms).

Marie: I think he's asleep. He said he was very tired earlier. If I'm not back for the launch have a good time all. And wake Monsieur; he said he wanted to see it.

Chorus of good-byes.

No comments:

Post a Comment