Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 43 A little closer

Celeste: Maybe now we can get back to normal. Did you say you wanted another monsieur?

Matt: Yes, and Jeanette what are you drinking?

Jeanette: My beer. But I could use something to eat.

Matt: What was that soup Anne was . . . oh nevermind that was the stuff the terrorist got her to eat.

Jeanette: Terroriste? Ah, Mdala? Surely you can say his name. Afterall, we knew him.

Matt: I wouldn't say I knew him.

Jeanette: Where was he from?

Matt: Senegal, came here to build a dam or something and stayed for a woman.

Jeanette: I do not think you know this much about me.

Matt: We had one conversation. You and I talked about space and rockets instead of ourselves.

Jeanette: Why is that you think? Why talk to him about his job and woman and not about rockets.

Matt: Oh we did that too.

Jeanette: But we, we did not talk about both.

Matt: No.

Jeanette: Non. (silence) No ideas?

Matt: Oh, were you really expecting me to answer. Sorry, Anne is always speculating about things but if I offer an explanation or opinion she ignores it or dismisses it. She doesn't actually want an answer, she just wants to wonder.

Jeanette: I do not want to talk about Anne.

Matt: No? Ok, well what should we talk about?

Jeanette: I had been talking about us. Oh, nevermind. Celeste, ciao, if Maria and Gil come back here, give me a ring or ask them to, okay?

Celeste (calling from inside) Oui, Jeanette, take care.

Matt: You're coming back for the launch right?

Jeanette (over her shoulder exiting): C'ést possible.

Celeste (coming out with the Margarita) There you are.

Matt (sips): Good, but whatever Marie did differently it was really good.

Celeste: I will have to have her instruct me then.

Matt: Probably just beginner's luck. That was rather odd, Jeanette just bolting like that.

Celeste: Bolting?

Matt: Oh, leaving suddenly.

Celelste: Jeanette does not sit still, unless she has your attention.

Matt: But we were talking.

Celeste (heading back to the bar): It is not the same.

Matt stares out into space

No comments:

Post a Comment