Tuesday, June 21, 2011

3.1 cont'd day 32

Mornings are such fun

3.1 cont'd

Steve (approaching): Anything else for either of you?

Matt (relieved at the interruption): No, just my check. I need to be heading out.

Mdala: Another coffee I think, merci.

Anne (enters): Matt. Mdala. How are you?

Mdala: Very well thank you.

Steve brings coffee for Mdala and check to Matt

Anne: Are you leaving?

Matt: Well I thought I'd...you weren't here...but (glances at Mdala) now that you are we I'll stay. Bring a menu would you Steve?

Steve: Of course. Coffee for madame?

Anne: Oui, merci. Crème et sucre.

Steve: Mais, d'accord. And you monsieur?

Matt: What? Yes, please, another coffee, and a menu I think.

Steve: Of course.

Jeanette (enters waves to everyone; Mdala indicates she can join him at his table and she does so): Bon jour.
Matt: Bon Jour Jeanette, comment allez vous?

Jeanette: Tres bien, monsieur, et vous?

Matt: Eh?

Anne: He's fine Jeanette. You seem to be up bright and early.

Jeanette (sensing a dig): Do you think so?

Matt: Of course she is; it's the big day!

Mdala: Ah, I have surrounded myself.

Jeanette (smiles): Ah, monsieur Mdala, I am sorry you do not like the rockets. Would you prefer your table back?

Anne: Oh, I'm sure he can tolerate your presence for a little bit, can't you Mdala?

Jeanette (smiling, on the attack): Or perhaps you and I could trade places Anne.

Steve returns with Anne and Matt's coffees and menus.

Steve: Jeanette, good morning. Getting an early start for the launch? (Anne gloats)

Jeanette: Coffee (glance to Anne) and a Bloody Mary, bread, cheese.

Anne: I think just a croissant for me.

Jeanette: Not hungry? Sex always leaves me famished.

2 comments: