Friday, June 3, 2011

Plot twists Day 14

Caveat: the scenes you are about to read over the next few days are experiments with plot points what actually happens may bear no relation to these at all.

Gil: Rum, coke, light on the coke, maybe skip the coke.

Steve: Umbrella?

Gil: Cute.

Steve: Rum and Coke, or just rum?

Gil: Grog, maybe that's what I need.

Steve: Isn't that mainly water and molasses?

Gil: Like Coke right?

Steve: I guess. Rum and Coke it is.

He returns

Steve: here you go. So, what's up or down.

Gil: I've sat in my studio for 24 hours and produced shit. No, producing shit would mean I'd done something; I've done nothing.

Steve: So, oiling the gears?

Gil: Drowning. Literally if I can manage it.

Steve: Got it. Look I've got customers, but I'll be back.

Gil: Bring another when you come.

Steve nods.. Gil downs the drink looks around, everyone is busy. He tosses obviously too much money on the table and leaves. The bar continues to function for a few minutes and then Steve looks over, crosses to table, picks up money and looks around. He pulls out cell phone and dials.

Steve: Marie? Listen Gil just came in bought a Rum and Coke and must've drunk it in one gulp when my back was turned and he's gone and left like 50 euros to pay for it. He said he hasn't been working—just being there. I'm worried. Call when you get this.

No comments:

Post a Comment