Sunday, June 12, 2011

End of 2.4 for 23

Jeanette and Matt arrive during the toast

Matt: Anne! You're here....as is...

Mdala (looking at Matt): Ah, I should have known that this was your husband.

Matt: What's that supposed to mean?

Mdala: Monsieur. Only that she told me that her husband was an afficianado of space travel, and because she is Americain, and I had met you at the center, I should have connected the two.

Anne: Hi Matt. Hi Jeanette, won't you join us?

Matt: Us? You're together?

Anne: I met him because of the Billi Bi.

Matt: Billi Bi?

Anne, Mdala, and Jeanette: Mussel soup.

Matt: Mussel soup?

Steve: Ordering?

Matt: No, well, I guess. I'm confused.

Anne: Have a seat dear and we'll go all through it. (he sits) Jeanette?

Jeanette: Is Marie here?

Anne: She went back to her place; said she might catch up with us later.

Jeanette: Well I think I'll go around and see if I can catch up with her. Thanks Matt (he half rises and she gives him the cheek pecks) Great day!

Matt: Yes, thanks for showing me some of the off-the-path stuff.

Jeanette: A bientôt.

Anne: So dear what would you like? We shouldn't keep Steve waiting and my Billi Bi is getting cold (she sips it) no just right. Try some?

Matt: Mmm. Not bad, but not what I want just now. A beer Steve, I'll think about food.

Mdala finishes his soup and pays his check.

Mdala: Bon jour madame, monsieur, I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay. (to Matt) I suppose it likely we will see each other again.

Matt (cooly): I suppose we might. (Mdala nods and exits)

Matt (leaning in to Anne): So how did you hook up with the wacko?

Anne: He seemed very nice to me and I simply asked what he was eating because it looked good, and we chatted just enough for him to learn that I had a husband who liked rockets and that he didn't.

Matt: He was asking if you had a husband?

Anne: He asked if I was alone and I said only because I'd set my husband up on a date with a French bombshell.

Matt: A date!?

Anne (dead pan): Matt. I'm making fun of you.

Matt: Why?

Anne: Because your jealousy is silly—especially when you've spent the whole day with a very pretty girl who is young enough to be your daughter—or your mistress.

Lights out

No comments:

Post a Comment