Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 34 a little closer

Busy day today, so just a bit more--not to mention that I'm struggling to get out of this scene.

3.1 cont'd again


Jacob: I am disgusted. You all claim Gil is your friend, but he is in the hospital and none of you are doing anything about it except using it as a chance to deny God.

Marie: I do not deny him monsieur. I was at the hospital. You were the one who suggested I leave.

Celeste: We have only just received this news. As you say, he is in hospital, and I believe we assumed since Marie is here, that now is not the time for us to rush there. As for your god...

Jacob: He's not mine.

Monsieur: It is too tempting to ask if it is not you who are denying him now, (Jacob starts to speak Monsieur gestures) tempting but I will not. I am tired of the arguments circulaire. You believe, bon. Act on your belief. I act on mine.

Jacob: I do.

Monsieur: Then please proceed and let us discuss our friend.

Jacob: Are you sending me away.

Steve: Did you wish to order something?

Jacob: I...why am I being excluded?

Celeste: Monsieur, you are not being excluded. You are intruding.

Marie: Celeste, Monsieur, he was kind enough to bring me here, I owe him better courtesy than this.

Monsieur: Of course, as you wish Marie. Celeste, some coffee please, and water too I think. Bread. (he crosses to his table and Celeste heads in)

Steve: When, how? I thought when he left to find you. . .

Jacob: I told you one of us should have followed. (Steve glares but Marie's glance stops him).

Mdala: Pardon mademoiselle, I am sorry for your friend and hope he is better soon. I will leave you with your friends. (He nods to Anne and Matt suggesting they should also exit.)

Matt: What?

Anne: Yes, of course. Marie, if there's anything I can do for you.

Marie: Yes, thank you. You don't have to leave. Have your breakfast. It's not like we're discussing some great secret.

Anne: You're sure.

Marie: Of course. (And finally acknowledging Jeanette) and Jeanette, please stay. I'm sorry too. (They embrace if anyone can figure out how to block that believably—for those unfamiliar,“to block” is to tell actors where to move)

No comments:

Post a Comment