Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 81 Deserted con'td


 Sc. 4 cont'd

May: Ok. Thanks. Henry and I will need to talk this over.

Bill: Alright. Give me a ring.

Jaime: Very nice to meet you Señora. It's good to meet someone who cares about the trees. Good luck on the acequia.

(Bill and Jaime depart, May curls up in a chair on the porch, after a long pause Henry comes out)

Henry: I heard voices, Bill not here?

May: No, they've gone.

Henry: What's the word?

May: Comme çi comme ça. Actual labor? Very reasonable.

Henry: Fake labor?

May: Lawyers.

Henry: Umph.

May: Umph indeed.

Henry: Is it about title?

May: Sort of. Water rights. The nature of our property. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Henry: So, it's a no go?

May: Maybe. I suppose so. But I'd like to at least talk to a lawyer.

Henry: May.

May: You said I could research. This is still research.

Henry: May.

May: We had a deal.

Henry: Alright, alright. Come back with an estimate.

May: Any recommendations?

Henry: For a lawyer?!

May: Yes!

Henry: No. . . . ok, I'll call Frank and see if he can track down someone out here. So what's the field?

May: Water rights.

Henry: An estimate. An honest estimate.

May: Ok.




No comments:

Post a Comment