Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 82

Posting late. On vacation, so access varies.



Sc. 5

May: So the long and short. The lawyer thinks it's pretty straightforward. We should incorporate, so the farm's legitimate and to protect ourselves. There are papers to be filed and all that stuff, but he doesn't foresee any challenges.

Henry: Of course not.

May: I was suspicious too, but he was willing to give an estimate which seems remarkable to me. I never thought I'd be able to talk a lawyer into giving me the estimate you wanted.

Henry: Yet, that didn't stop you from promising one (a wry note to his voice).

May (equally wry): Not for a minute.

Henry: So what's the estimate?

May: He thought we should be able to do it for around $5000 fees included.

Henry: And the labor on the acequia and the grove?

May: At least five maybe ten.

Henry: And that cost will deliver us a crop?

May: Well, no. That will put it in condition to produce a crop. But the rest shouldn't be too much. Jaime will teach me the basics of tending the trees and I may need to occasionally hire some help.

Henry: So another ten?

May: Well, I guess.

Henry: Twenty-five grand and we'll produce how many apples?

May: I don't know.

Henry: 25,000?

May: I don't know.

Henry: Think you should find out?

No comments:

Post a Comment