Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 89


 Day 89

May: I only just go here. No problem. What were you doing at town hall?

Henry: Looking at property lines and the acequia.

May: I realize I was gone more than a week, but I thought the deal was to let the idea go for awhile.

Henry: For a week. Jaime came by and that got me thinking about the rights and it just made sense to get those taken care of if we could. Wouldn't make sense to say yes or no if it was going to be moot point anyway.

May: So do we have them?

Henry: Mel, the attorney, filed the paperwork, but lots of agencies look at it I guess and it can be challenged by other landholders—thus the trip to town hall.

May: County hall right?

Henry: Well yes, that's right. So what course did you take? Something on apples?

May: What? No! It was an overview of the latest research on the Mayan languages. An adavantage to having a daughter at a major university.

Henry: You stayed for 5 weeks to get caught up on Mayan not doing something that might make your project more feasible?

May: We agreed to let the idea just lie fallow.

Henry: For a week. But when you stayed, I assumed you . . . well I guess this proves the old adage.

May: What?

Henry: When we assume we make an ass of “u” and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment