Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 85 (way behind again)


 Henry: It? Or us?

May: It. I meant it.

Henry: We can't.

May: Why not?

Henry: Because then there isn't enough for us to have retired here, anywhere, comfortably. It works because we're together.

May: Together to do it your way?

Henry: Our way, but we have to do it together.

May: But you have veto power.
Henry: No.

May: Yes! You just used it. You said, NO. Not, I don't think we should.

Henry: I don't think we should.

May: And I do. We're stuck.

Henry: How did a passing though become so important that you're willing to throw us away?

May: I think I've shown that it's more than a passing thought.

Henry: Once it occurred to you, you pursued it; you do that. But it's not like we chose this place because you always wanted an orchard.

May: So now I can't develop new interests?

Henry: Can we just let it go, for a week. We don't discuss it, we don't do further research, we just let it be for a week and come back to it?

May: We don't do further research?

Henry: May, please?

May: Fine, one week. I'm going to visit Jessie.

Henry: What?

May: You want me to let it be, then I need to get away from it. Or am I now not allowed to visit our children?

Henry: . . . give her my love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment