Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 91


Scene 13

Porch, May on phone, Jaime standing just off the porch

May: I don't know where he is. He hasn't called you has he? . . . I'll try Frank . . . our lawyer back in Connecticut. . . . I don't know, but if it has to do with the orchard, that's money and that's Frank. . . . Ok, love you. I'll let you know. (she dials) Hi It's May Callahan, is Frank available? . . . Has my husband called in the last day? . . . No? Ok. . . . No, no, that's fine. Thanks. (hangs up) Shit.

Jaime: Senora?

May: Yes?

Jaime: I need to go home, but I will check in town to see if anyone has word of him. I'll ask Pedro at the Conoco first. If he was leaving town, he probably would have filled up first.

May: Well, I would, but I don't know if Henry would. But it's a good plan. Thank you Jaime. Call if you have any news.

Jaime: Si. Yes, senora. Good night. (he exits)

(May gets up goes in carrying her phone, and comes out with a glass of water and stands sipping from it. Her phone rings from inside.)

May: Where? What the . . . crap. (She runs inside) Hello? Hello? . . . Jesse? . . . From where? Why didn't he call me? . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment